Longest Food Wrap by Mission Food scored Malaysian Book of Records
Paradigm Mall, 8 June 2013 – During one of my abrupt visit there, there were long stretch of people queuing AND there were even longer stretch of FOOD! Curious, I jumped in the short registration counter. It's so short, it took only 2 minutes to sign up to a Mission of Awesomeness!
What’s ON: Mission Food was ON a mission to create the LONGEST WRAPS RECORD.
History Time: Mission Food is a subsidiary of GRUMA. GRUMA began its operations in Mexico & is the indisputable worldwide leader in corn flour & tortilla wrap production with operations in US, Mexico, Venezula, Eruope, Australia, China & luckily Malaysia!
With current global technology & resources, Mission Foods became one of the largest producers of tortilla wraps products, producing almost a quarter of ALL flatbreads sold in the world.
Types of Mission Wraps:
- 5 Flavours: Original, Garlic, Potato, Onion & Chive, and Wholegrain.
- For meat/vegetarian based pizza, I love using the Wholegrain, Garlic & Onion & Chive flavour due to it's thicker & herbs texture. While for sweet desserts, I prefer using Potato or Original as it taste light & easy.
- Size: Almost 1 large plate (8’ diameter)
- Price: RM7.25 for 8 pieces.
Mission Foods took this opportunity to revealed it’s latest MISSION CORN CHIPS. (Nanchos lovers alert!)
- 6 flavours: Original, Cheese, Tomato, Hot 7 spicy, Butter & Garilc & BBQ.
- The corn chips are made with 100% real corn, 30% less oil than regular potato chips & personally it doesn’t leave one with dying of thirst MSG after affect. ;)
- Price: Rm2.99 for 65g small pack, RM6.99 for 170g bag.
- Tip: Perfect on it’s own or with dips. I love eating it with guacamole/yoghurt.
My personal experience:
1) All types of tortilla wraps!
Yes. I’ve eaten ALL types tortilla wraps including from Mission Food for years - it’s fresh tasting flour & corn tortillas to their popular whole wheat, multi- grain & fat free varieties are definitely good quality – doesn't split, spoil easily, can be eaten just like that or wrapped with any favourite fillings. It's my quick DIY lunch in the office. It's very similar to our Malaysian version of Roti Capati but less oil & longer shelf life since it's dry.
2) My food wrap recipes:
“Viva la Vera Wraps!”
- Spread with smashed avocado, smoked garlic, pinch of salt & Sarawak black pepper
- Toppings: Tomatoes, cheese. (Optional: button mushroom, green veges)
- Pop into the microwave or a hot pan for 5 mins.
So quick & delicious, you’ll go “WOAH REALLY!”. The avocado serves as a layer of good fat & smoothness, while the garlic, salt & pepper adds the extra herbal kick, and that mixed with the sour sweetness of the tomatoes and wooden/meaty taste of mushroom and the milky texture of cheese. That creates orgasmic fireworks in the mouth!
Bananamonzaa - Banana Honey Cinnamon pizza dessert. A recipe I created because I'm not too fond of overly sweet desserts yet light enough for me to taste it's natural sweetness of the ingredients. Well, since I don’t have a microwave at home, a non-stick frying pan will do the job.
- Slow fire heat the pan, put 1 slice of tortilla wrap (of your choice)
- In the meantime, slice the banana & place it on top of the wrap.
- After about 2-3mins, drizelle some honey on top & sprinkle some cinnamon on top
Off fire, let it cool down a bit & place it on the plate. Most time, I'll just pulled it apart and pop into my mouth. Warning: Careful not to burn your mouth, it’s hot but the soft banana sweetness just melts with the crunchiness in the mouth. Finger licking, Lip smacking!
2) Joining the FUN, Joined Mission Wraps to Wrap Along...
The event opened to the public at 10am, Upper Ground Concourse of Paradigm Mall ended around 6pm. As a participant I get:
- Make my own individual wrap from ingredients: kaya, peanuts, sambal, frankfurters, sauce:- chilli, tomato & mustard. (was a messy, fun affair!). I made a sambal mustard one with sausage. Almost ate it myself!
- Attached it to the long wrap line ( felt so proud!) for Guiness Book of Records.
- Rewarded with a T-shirt, Certificate of Participation
- Games: Clowns with balloons, Longest line made in group with all the items on hand/body.
Cooking with Mission Food & Chef Zam!
Chef Zam’s mission:
To encourage people to cook – at home. Healthy, affordable, fresh, delicious & most of all an enjoyable experience with the family. Emphasizing that – “A family that eats together, stay together
3) After my lunch, celebrity chef, Chef Zam made an appearance. A total revamp, rebranded himself well with weight loss, eating healthy & elected to be an ambassdor for healthy eating concept. After the show, I had the privileged to chat & thanked him for living the healthy image & promoting it! Kudos Chef Zam! There are just not many celebrities that are being good role models by cooking, living & displaying HEALTHY, POSITIVE image & this man, Chef Zam – definitely walked the walk, talked the talk. Packed with energy like an energizer bunny, his outburst of non-stop laughter, smiles, hugs & even invited me to have a photo of us together for good memories. I am so deeply touched!
Overall, I’m deeply grateful to:
MISSION FOOD Team & Truth Communication for letting me join in the fun.
TGIF chef & kitchen crew for preparing the delicious food & Chef Zam for sharing the cooking tips using Mission Wraps and the lovely time. Thank you!
Note: The Mission Food & Guinness Malaysia Book of Record is a public free event. This post is not a paid review. All contents – all right’s limited. Please request for permission to reuse it. Just sharing this out as many of my friends & associate often enquired how I prepared their “mini pizzas/wraps”.
How to get there?
Paradigm Mall is a rather new mall in Petaling Jaya. Free shuttle bus are provided from the nearest train station called Kelana Jaya LRT Station to it on daily basis. There are on-going events each month. For the full schedule check: How to go to Paradigm Mall?